The terms “We” / “Us” / “Our”/”Company” individually and collectively refer to Literacy India (Gyantantra Udbhav), and the terms “You” /”Your” / “Yourself” refer to the users.
To avail of certain services on our Websites, users are required to provide certain information for the registration process, namely: – a) your name, b) email address, c) sex, d) age, e) PIN code, f) credit card or debit card details g) sexual orientation, h) biometric information, i) password etc., and/or your occupation, interests, and the like. The Information as supplied by the users enables us to improve our sites and provide you the most user-friendly experience.
All required information is service-dependent, and we may use the above-mentioned user information to maintain, protect, and improve its services (including advertising services) and for developing new services.
Such information will not be considered as sensitive if it is freely available and accessible in the public domain or is furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law for the time being in force.
To improve the responsiveness of the sites for our users, we may use “cookies”, or similar electronic tools to collect information to assign each visitor a unique, random number as a User Identification (User ID) to understand the user’s individual interests using the Identified Computer. Unless you voluntarily identify yourself (through registration, for example), we will have no way of knowing who you are, even if we assign a cookie to your computer. The only personal information a cookie can contain is information you supply (an example of this is when you ask for our Personalised Horoscope). A cookie cannot read data off your hard drive. Our advertisers may also assign their own cookies to your browser (if you click on their ads), a process we do not control.
Our web servers automatically collect limited information about your computer’s connection to the Internet, including your IP address, when you visit our site. (Your IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send you data — such as the web pages you view.) Your IP address does not identify you personally. We use this information to deliver our web pages to you upon request, to tailor our site to the interests of our users, to measure traffic within our site and let advertisers know the geographic locations from where our visitors come.
LINKS TO THE OTHER SITES
Our policy discloses the privacy practices for our own website only. Our site provides links to other websites also that are beyond our control. We shall in no way be responsible in way for your use of such sites.
We share sensitive personal information to any third party without obtaining the prior consent of the user in the following limited circumstances:
(a) When it is requested or required by law or by any court or governmental agency or authority to disclose, for the purpose of verification of identity, or for the prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, or for prosecution and punishment of offences. These disclosures are made in good faith and the belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary for enforcing these Terms for complying with the applicable laws and regulations.
I agree and consent to receive all communications at the mobile number provided, even if this mobile number is registered under the DND/NCPR list under TRAI regulations. And for that purpose, I further authorise Literacy India to share/disclose the information to any third-party service provider or any affiliates, group companies, their authorised agents or third-party service providers.
Literacy India or their third-party service provider or any affiliates will be making calls and sending SMS/Email through a third-party platform.
Except in the limited circumstances elicited below, Literacy india will never intentionally share your email addresses, phone numbers or financial information.
- Credit/Debit Card Transactions, Electronic Fund Transfers and Payments by Cheque: We avail the services of third parties to provide donation facilities by the means of cheque, credit/debit card payments or electronic fund transfers. While your information may be shared with these third parties, we make stringent efforts to require all third-party service providers to hold personal information in strict confidence. However, since we do not have complete control over these third parties, we cannot guarantee your privacy.
- Necessity: If Literacy India is convinced that there has been some inappropriate activity with or on our website/webpages, communications, charitable services or personal or real property or if we have reasons to believe that any using one of the Literacy India website, our donors, employees, partners, vendors, etc. have been inflicted with any harm, we will disclose (we may or may not notify you) personal information as we deem appropriate.
- Required by Law: If any government or legal bodies require any information from us under the purview of a law or legal compliance, we may go ahead and disclose the same.
- Merger, Acquisition or Dissolving the Trust: We also may transfer your personal information to a third-party successor in interest if we are involved in an acquisition, merger or other transfer of control or sale of assets for the public interest of a similar type of not-for-profit activities.
- Requesting Communication: We have processes like sending emails, newsletterss etc, so we may send emails to (existing or potential) donors/buyers, Volunteers – and related activities.